Monday, May 16, 2016

Palácio Nacional da Ajuda

Ok, so I obviously haven't posted anything in months. It's not even that I have been all that busy, it's just that I would forget or get lazy every time I would decide to put up more pictures. Today is the day though. My desktop is so filled with pictures that whenever I download something new I always lose it among the 300+ photos I have on there. Plus, I just got back from an amazing trip to the Açores (Azores) earlier today and I would like to get caught up so that I can put those pictures up as well.

Anyways, this post is about the last trip we took for architecture class last semester. It was to the Palácio Nacional da Ajuda, which is located in Lisbon and was the permanent residence of the royal family. It is in very good condition and very well furnished and I would definitely recommend giving it a visit. 

Here are some of my favorite pictures from the day:

From the outside
Smaller dining room

Many of the ceilings were intricately painted but I thought this fabric pattern on the ceiling was really cool 
Throne room

Formal dining room

 The palace also had a huge collection of very ornate, somewhat garish glassware:




 The end...





  

No comments:

Post a Comment